Biggest Console Update Yet Rolling Out Now
Minecraft developer 4J Studios has announced the Xbox versions of the game’s latest title update is now being made available.
The update adds a number of new mobs to the game including horses, witches, bats and wither skeletons.
It also introduces 22 new items, ranging from hay bales and blocks of coal to horse armour and mine carts loaded with TNT.
The update will be available on PS4, PS3 and Vita soon.
The full list of additions is as follows:
- Hardened Clay
- Stained Clay
- Block of Coal
- Hay Bale
- Activator Rail
- Block of Redstone
- Daylight Sensor
- Minecart with Hopper
- Minecart with TNT
- Redstone Comparator
- Weighted Pressure Plate
- Trapped Chest
- Firework Rocket
- Firework Star
- Nether Star
- Horse Armor
- Name Tag
- Horse Spawn Egg
- Wither Skeletons
- Added new terrain generation features – Witch Huts.
- Replaced the Tutorial World with a new world containing some new mini-tutorials for the new functionality.
- Added Beacon interface.
- Added Horse interface.
- Added Hopper interface.
- Added Fireworks – Fireworks interface is accessible from the Crafting Table when you have the ingredients to craft a Firework Star or Firework Rocket.
- Added ‘Adventure Mode’ – You can only break blocks with the correct tools.
- Added lots of new sounds.
- Mobs, items and projectiles can now pass through portals.
- Repeaters can now be locked by powering their sides with another Repeater.
- Zombies and Skeletons can now spawn with different weapons and armor.
- New death messages.
- Name mobs with a Name Tag, and rename containers to change the title when the menu is open.
- Bonemeal no longer instantly grows everything to full size, and instead randomly grows in stages.
- A Redstone signal describing the contents of Chests, Brewing Stands, Dispensers and Jukeboxes can be detected by placing a Redstone Comparator directly against them.
- Dispensers can face in any direction.
- Eating a Golden Apple gives the player extra “absorption” health for a short period.
- The longer you remain in an area the harder the monsters that spawn in that area will be.